Thursday, August 5, 2010

A PERSONAL STATEMENT

It has come to question my level of sincerity in Mr Marceaux’s campaign I would like to address the more serious accusations that I am somehow exploiting Basil or makng a joke of this. This contempt for Basil combined with a complete lack of respect for our Libertarian stance in the liberal community leads people to think anyone who sides with him is either crazy or using him. The fact is I know Basil isn’t backed by Oil interests or Senate connections or anything but his word means a lot to me, and I decided Basil needed a viable outlet to get his views out. True I do not agree with everything he says, particularly his stances on religion and immigration, but that is pretty much how it goes around here with any politician. I decided to lend what very little free time I have, seeing as I am bedridden nearly two thirds of every day, to helping Basil in every way as a politician. It wasn’t much, as my injuries don’t allow me to do anything as well as I use to, but I did what little I could to help get his message out. I have done everything with his whole families blessing, and have been personally thanked by his sons for the videos I put out with Basil. I have gained nothing personally or financially, I have just sought to help someone promote their ideas to the best of my current ability, in an extremely weakened state. I would like to ask that any personal attacks on me and my family stop, as they are in poor taste. Thank you to all the believers in the cause of freedom and liberty!



Also Basil Will be releasing a concession speech shortly. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir,

    I wanted to leave a comment to say thank you for your work on this site and producing the videos on behalf of Basil. I originally came across Basil via his popular apperance on WSMV at the start of the month, and I spent some time reading Basil's freewebs site to learn more about him.

    I saw a man that clearly believed in what he was saying, even if he might struggle to articulate it within the highly pressurised space of one minute on television. Whilst I might not support the majority of his policies, I was saddened that so many people felt the need to attack him for the way that he talks, looks, etc.

    I saw Basil as an ordinary guy, who has seen a problem and has decided to use the democratic tools available to each and every US citizen to try and do something about it. How many people complain about politics every day? How many of those people actually do something about it? Basil should be commended for his example to us all.

    Oppose his policies by all means, offer alternatives, engage in debate. That is politics. That is democracy. We each are entitled to our opinions, and we are all entitled to question other's opinions. But when that debate turns into insults on candidates personalities or lifestyles, our democracy suffers.

    Anyway, I've gone on far longer than I intended to. I've been surprised by how strongly I felt about this, and I'm really glad that you were able to take the time to help Basil articulate his message. I don't how much contact you have with Basil himself, but please pass on my regards from the United Kingdom.

    Best wishes, Andrew Crow

    P.S. With some final unwanted advice, please try and ignore the calls to go for other races, go national etc. It's very easy to make fun of what Basil has done and what he believes, but if he stays local and keeps fighting as he is now, he retains the dignity that I (and I hope others) find so appealing about him. I would hate to see that lost based on a short lived period of 'celebrity'.

    ReplyDelete